Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trip Home to Southern Illinois


I finally made it home for a visit to Southern Illinois. I was able to leave early Friday morning after resting up from another long week of UGA Softball Camp. This trip was planned perfectly since my family leaves for Colorado tomorrow, so I won't be staying in Georgia alone. The trip has been great so far! I always have so much fun getting to see my family and catching up with my friends from high school. Saturday morning my Jr.High track coach, Kevin Rudolph, made breakfast for me just like old times. It was fun to catch up and talk about how I used to sit at his table for hours seeing how many pancakes I could consume in one sitting!

After breakfast I got to see one of my closest friends, Toni Whitfield, and we got to play on her new motorcyle for awhile. It was the first time that I have ever ridden a motorcyle, and she is probably the only person that I would trust enough to get on one with! After riding for awhile we resorted to laying out by the pool and soaking up the sun. We had a great day and it was good to catch up since we've been away so long and both busy with school and athletics. We've decided that we are all going to go on a cruise together over Christmas Break as a major catch up excursion. It should be a blast.

As for the rest of the day and week, I'm planning on spending time here at Woodsong, and spending time with my grandparents. Since I'm leaving in about a week for Austria I'm trying to collect as much family time as possible before I go overseas. I also plan on visiting my old hitting facility to get some workouts in.

All for Now - E

No comments:

Post a Comment