


From Left to Right: Jenna Hall, Stacey Birk, and Tory Yamaguci
Hey All:
This past week has been very busy for me because it was the first week of Georgia's softball camp. The camp had 160 softball players ranging in age from 8-18. The campers stay from Sunday to Thursday and practice softball all day and then return to the dorm to sleep. The campers were great for the most part but of course I got stuck on the rowdiest floor with the jr. high aged girls. I was fortunate enough to have good floor mates to help me watch these girls, Tory Yamaguci and Jenna Hall. These ladies were amazing softball players and had both great college careers and professional careers. Tory just got hired to coach at UConn this week and Jenna has been coaching at Ohio University for four years.
Even though it was fun teaching the campers about softball and their individual specialties it was probably the most fun off the field with both campers and counselors. Whether it was eating in the dining hall or hanging out in the dorm learning about all these former players and the kids was such a great experience. There was never a dull moment and we compiled our favorite quotes from the kids throughout the week. Stacey Birk, who pitched at Illinois State, was actually the one who took the time to compile the quotes.
1. When is lunch?
2. Do you want to be the boy or the girl?
3. Are we done yet?
4. That's so school, and this is summer.
5. I know a Chinese change up.
6. Why do you wear so much Army stuff?
7. Hooah is my new word.
8. Did you play at Georgia?
9. I need to uncover my peephole.
10. No you can't...I'm going through puberty and it really hurts.
11. Where are your pants?
12. Me and Justin bieber are facebook friends.
13. So I febreezed my butt and my stomach.
14. Camper wearing batting glove at breakfast "I'm breaking it in."
15. That's so weird and so cool at the same time. That's wool.
The second week of camp begins tomorrow and its sad to think that seven of the counselors are going to be different from the previous camp. Many of them are leaving to recruit for their teams. Anyhow, the first camp was a success and truly an experience I'll remember all my life.
For Now-E
No comments:
Post a Comment