As promised, I'm going to begin writing a blog to those who are interested in keeping up with me and my ventures in Georgia as well as overseas this summer in Austria. I left Texas on Tuesday after giving some of my last lessons with some of my younger students. While they were pretty sad, I'm very excited about spending time with my family and getting to play softball soon. I split the trip, stopping in Birmingham to stay with a good friend, Ben Drust. I was able to finish the trip Wednesday with ease as it was only 4 more hours to Watkinsville.
The first two days here have been very busy for the most part. I have slowly been unpacking and moving into my new room. Sadie and I are becoming familiar with the daily grind here in Watkinsville. Mom watches two younger kids during the day, Mya and Matthew. She is busy at all times of the day and these kids absolutely adore her. Dad spends a majority of the day at the field currently preparing for the super regionals against Cal. I was able to watch the practice today. The batting practice that the team takes is so impressive. The power that the team displays as a whole is incredible. Make sure that you watch the game tomorrow on ESPN at 12 EST by the way! Geri Ann and I have been doing some practicing of our own. We took hitting practice together at the stadium last night and I caught her pitching workout tonight.
That's all for now - Erin
So glad your coaches had you start this blog!
ReplyDelete1